Why Cloud Computing?
The Cloud and How it "Changes the Game"
CEOs today are demanding a "cloud strategy" from IT. And CFOs just want the cloud to save them money. But cloud adoption is part of a larger trend towards companies transitioning away from capital investments in favor of operating expenses. After all, the more you outsource IT, the less capital intensive your business becomes. Cloud takes this one step further, giving businesses the agility to add and release IT capacity as their needs change–without having to oversubscribe for peak usage. This can be a huge benefit–both for cash flow and for ensuring the most efficient utilization of IT resources.
And in a traditional on-premise or data center colocation environment, organizations require a full team on hand–IT personnel skilled at maintaining and optimizing their own equipment. Cloud computing enables organizations to rely on the provider’s technology expertise—reducing total cost of ownership and freeing precious IT resources to focus on the core business.
What does this Mean for You?
- Greater Efficiency and Cost Management: Stop diverting investment that could be put back into your core business towards building and filling data centers that must be powered, cooled and managed by IT staffers. Instead, rely on professionals who are experts at running these data centers and configuring them for maximum efficiency—and access enterprise-quality infrastructure, software and services at a fraction of the cost to run them internally.
- Speed and Agility: Scale up and down as necessary with compute resources and storage available on-demand—and only pay for what you consume.
- Redundancy: Secure a more reliable and cost-effective path to disaster recovery by storing virtual machine images of existing workloads in a cloud server.
And do it all in the cloud or as part of a hybrid infrastructure strategy that combines cloud with hosting, data center colocation or managed storage.
Use Cases & Success Stories
Latisys provides three different service levels on our enterprise cloud—offering ultimate flexibility for balancing workload cost and performance. Instead of a one-size-fits all environment where all workloads essentially “get what they get,” you can target performance to where you need it and drive cost savings from where you don’t. Here are some examples of how Latisys clients are leveraging the cloud today:
- A Software as a Service (SaaS) firm that provides service management software needs a place to setup free demos for potential new clients. Latisys Essential cloud services utilizes tier III storage and higher oversubscription of compute resources—making it ideal for testing and development workloads.
- An investment management organization needs a Disaster Recovery environment that can be activated quickly and perform at production levels, but they don’t want to pay for compute resources they’ll hardly ever—and truly hope never—need. Latisys Select cloud services offer solid performance utilizing hybrid tier II/III storage with lower oversubscription of compute resources—perfect to ensure performance in the event of a disaster without breaking the bank.
- A major electronics dealer needs to be able to support a massive surge in firmware downloads when new operating systems are deployed. Latisys Premium cloud services guarantee the ultimate performance with tier II storage and no oversubscription of compute resources—ideal for workloads that burst from an existing performance-intensive environment.
Don't Believe the Hype
The cloud isn’t for everybody. And it isn't likely to make sense for your entire IT infrastructure. But cloud computing takes virtualization and automation to the next level. It’s on-demand infrastructure as you need it—for the workloads, applications and services that make the most sense. And it’s fully managed by Latisys to free up your resources for a greater return on your infrastructure investment.
Take Your Enterprise to the Cloud
Get all the infrastructure you need, the instant you need it, without buying, installing or maintaining any part of it. Ever. The cloud makes it possible. Latisys Cloud Services makes it easy.