Discover the advantages of uniquely customer-focused IT infrastructure
- Why Latisys?
- End IaaS Solutions
- Nationwide Data Center
- Extension of Your Team
Flexible, Scalable Infrastructure Delivered By Professionals Working as an Extension of Your Team
For IT leaders who need to build complex services while facing the never-ending challenge to do more, faster and with less, Latisys offers an innovative approach to IT infrastructure design and delivery. Unlike Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) providers who offer standalone cloud, hosting or data center colocation as “siloed” solutions—or those who limit customers to rigid, preconfigured packages—Latisys offers the advantages of a uniquely customer-focused solution:
- Extremely flexible & adaptable infrastructure and service model for tailoring solutions to your exact requirements.
- Unmatched performance & scalability delivered over a hybrid, unified national platform, so you can grow as your business evolves.
- IT facilities and services experts working as an extension of your team, accessible when you need them to optimize and assure performance.
Flexible and Adaptable
Because Change Happens
At Latisys, flexibility and adaptability are more than promises. They’re built into everything we do.
Latisys has made the significant investment to become one of the very few companies with a national platform that can truly do it all. This means we can offer enterprise cloud serveices, managed hosting, high density data center colocation—or a mix of all of the above, a hybrid infrastructure service—to personalize and optimize solutions to each client’s unique needs. It also means Latisys can easily adapt your solution mix as requirements and priorities change to ensure you always have the right combination of performance, scale, self-service and value.
Performance and Scale for Infrastructure
You Will Never Outgrow
You’ve built your enterprise to grow and thrive, right? That means your IT infrastructure requirements are going to evolve and your demand for compute, throughput and storage will likely grow as well.
But not all infrastructure providers can scale to satisfy their customers’ changing needs. It simply breaks their model.
Latisys is different. Our built-for-the-future, scalable, enterprise-class IaaS platform is ready to grow right along with you, delivering all the performance, power and capacity you’ll need—now and for years to come. Leading the industry in power per square foot and power usage efficiency, our advanced high-density data center facilities let you grow up, not out.
On top of this nationwide backbone we’ve integrated best-in-breed technologies—a unified cloud and hosting platform, complete with physical and virtual servers, storage, networking, load balancing, security and more—into one of the most scalable, high performance and flexible IaaS platforms available today.
Latisys’ strength and momentum provide further assurance that we’ll be here as your business grows. We’ve made the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies for six consecutive years and were recently ranked #23 among Forbes’ Most Promising Companies in America. More importantly, we’re continually expanding our data center footprint—which already totals more than 340,000 square feet — and enhancing the capabilities of our Managed Cloud, Hosting and Services platform. Fully capitalized by some of the biggest brand name banks in the world and free cash flow positive, Latisys has the capital to grow four to five times without any additional funding.
As an Extension of Your Team, We Treat Your Business as if it Were Our Own
We understand that when you choose Latisys as your IT infrastructure partner, you’re entrusting us with the most important part of your business. It’s a responsibility we take very seriously.
That’s why our whole approach to customer relationships is to make your interests our own. If you have a problem, challenge or need, so do we. Working as an extension of your team we’ll do everything it takes to solve it. And this applies to every stage of your lifecycle with Latisys—from Solution Design and Engineering to Project Management and Provisioning to Service Desk and Tier 2 Support. We recognize that you are in a constant state of “Plan, Build, Run” and it’s our job to be there for you.
Other providers put bureaucracy and barriers between you and their technical staffs, making it difficult or impossible to connect with the people who are supposed to be working on your behalf. And if you manage to get through to the engineering team, it’s of little use since they either have no authority to do anything or have to filter your request through so many levels it takes forever to get anything done.
At Latisys, our streamlined organization assures that our certified industry experts are available and accessible when you need them and empowered to resolve issues that arise. Our culture of commitment and expertise places maximum value on delivering what customers need exactly when they need it. That’s why you’ll find all of us at Latisys highly collaborative, extremely consultative and unabashedly passionate about solving problems and designing solutions that best fit each customer’s current and future needs.
Thanks to our deliberate and disciplined hiring and retention process, best and brightest technologists who always put the customer first are the only kind of people you’ll encounter at Latisys.
End-to-End IaaS Solutions:
More Ways to Get Exactly the IT Infrastructure You Need
Silos are for farms, not IT infrastructure. So why choose a siloed service provider who needs to steer infrastructure outsourcing customers into their rigid offerings?
Choose Latisys instead. Latisys offers an end-to-end suite of premier Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions giving you the freedom to choose the cloud, managed hosting, data center colocation or hybrid environment that best fits your needs—layering on the managed services that make sense for your business and incorporating disaster recovery where it’s necessary.
Whatever IaaS solution you choose, Latisys delivers the unequaled combination of our:
- Extremely flexible & adaptable infrastructure and service model for tailoring solutions to your exact requirements.
- Unmatched performance & scalability to grow as your business evolves.
- IT facilities and services experts working as an extension of your IT team, accessible when you need them to optimize and assure performance.
Cloud Services: IT Infrastructure On-demand
Imagine a secure and elastic platform that lets you maintain maximum control of your costs and compute resources while paying only for what you use. That’s exactly what you get with Latisys’ cloud services. Our unified architecture spans cloud, managed hosting, managed services and is built on Latisys’ nationwide Tier III data center footprint—delivering our cloud clients the benefits of integrated, full-featured enterprise-grade solutions:
- Greater control over resources and investments
- Faster provisioning that cuts the time from order to deployment
- Expert support to assure you get the most out of your infrastructure
- Higher security and better performance than commodity, credit-card-swipe clouds
- Flexibility, agility and scalability to help you respond to changes and opportunities
- Hands-on expertise to reduce the risk and learning curve for deploying new technologies
- Highly-reliable and resilient infrastructure tailored to your exact needs
Managed Hosting: Improve Service, Reduce Capital Expense & Avoid IT Obsolescence
A Latisys Managed Hosting solution lets you take advantage of cutting-edge technologies and highly efficient, fully-integrated hardware that costs too much to obtain and requires specialized resources to manage. With our Service Level Agreements (SLAs), you get guaranteed performance and uptime on truly enterprise-grade infrastructure. And thanks to our built-for-the-future platform, your solution is one you will never outgrow. Managed hosting solutions include:
- Simplified and super-efficient virtual servers
- Fully independent dedicated servers assigned exclusively to your operations
- Flexible service, licensing and hosting programs
- Seamless system integration with varied OS management
...all delivered “as-a-service” that is optimized for your business and supported by a team of certified experts dedicated to serving as an extension of your team at every stage of your IT lifecycle.
Colocation: A Secure & Redundant Data Center Without Constraints
With Latisys data center colocation, you get all the power, infrastructure, backbone network, cross connections, cooling, physical space and state-of-the-art security of our high-density Tier III data centers. At the same time, you maintain full and hands-on control of your hardware installed in your full or partial cabinet, customized cage or private suite. As your needs expand, our flexible, power-dense and energy efficient design gives you the capacity to grow up, not out, optimizing your ROI per square foot. For maximum reliability, security and availability, each of Latisys seven data centers include:
- Proximity card access entry and video security
- N+1 uninterruptible power systems
- Multi-gigabit bandwidth connections through diverse IP providers
- Carrier neutral network connectivity
- 24x7 on-site staffing to assist with remote hands and installation
- Industry-leading power per square foot and power usage efficiency (PuE)
- Flexible, adaptable and scalable infrastructure
Managed Services: Take Routine Support & Maintenance Off Your To-Do List
Free up your staffing resources by off-loading routine IT maintenance tasks to Latisys’ infrastructure specialists and leveraging the full power of our full line of managed services.
- Enterprise-class storage solutions
- Industry-leading performance management systems
- Comprehensive network and host-based IT security
- 24x7 performance monitoring and reporting
Hybrid: Because Sometimes the Right Answer is “All of the Above”
Because Latisys offers seamless, end-to-end IaaS solutions, you have the option of purchasing cloud, managed hosting or data center colocation “a la carte” or as a hybrid infrastructure service.
Why is this important? Because hybrid means you can optimize and right-size: leverage legacy hardware if that’s important to you, put security-conscious workloads in a dedicated environment if you need to, assign variable workloads to the cloud if speed and self-service are paramount.
When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail. And many other providers only have a hammer. Latisys has the entire tool box—which is why we can tailor a solution to your exact needs.
Disaster Recovery: The Protection You Need in an Unpredictable World
Anything can happen to a data center. And eventually it will. Be prepared for natural or man-made disruptions, outages or disasters with Latisys disaster recovery services.
Delivering everything from near-instantaneous continuous availability to simple offsite data backup, Latisys can customize a disaster recovery solution to your recovery point, recovery time and business continuity objectives. Trust Latisys to satisfy your regulatory requirements for disaster recovery, safeguard your data in a secure offsite location and get key systems up and running within a defined window. And you can flexibly integrate our cloud services into your disaster recovery solution to eliminate costly capital investment. Need to do a comprehensive Business Impact Analysis to figure out just how much DR you need? We can help with that as well.
Move to Latisys
Get out of the silo and get back to business with a future-proof end-to-end IaaS solution from Latisys. Whether it’s cloud, managed hosting, colocation or managed services, we offer more ways to get all the capacity, performance and scalability you will ever need.
Robust and reliable, with massive scale and flexibility built on best-in-breed technology
Latisys’ Managed Hosting and Cloud solutions are built on a brand-name, industry-leading platform — enabling us to give our customers better performance and greater agility. Each provider solution is optimized for multi-tenancy, with components that easily swap out to make way for technology and efficiency enhancements.
- Highly efficient servers and blades with advanced technology, features and functionality
- State-of-the-art cloud orchestration platform that automates the creation of virtual pools of servers, storage and network resources
- Expertise in infrastructure management and lights-out management
- Engineered for zero downtime environments
- Supports ever-increasing network bandwidth demands with capacity of 2.6 Tbps in a 16 RU chassis
- Scales to support growing subscriber bases with up to 32k subscribers per packet forwarding engine
- IPv6 enablement—ability to meet mixed IP addressing needs as IPv6 networks are built
- Built-in virtualization to support the multi-tenant environment
- High IOPS network storage, with a tightly-coupled clustered architecture and mixed-workload support
- Granular isolation of multi-tenant instances—virtual SAN available to unique instances and different quality of service for unique customers
- Granular, intelligent automation, planning & reporting, with detailed visibility into IOPS for multi-tenant users
- Massively scalable and dynamically tiered
- Significant increase in host ports, drives, capacity
- Huge throughput and exponential expansion of fiber channel
- Very low latency, enabling fast, intra-rack communications
- Virtualized physical space allocation for better distribution of load across the data center
- Converged policy framework for admission & access control with packet confidentiality and integrity built into the platform
- Incremental and seamless adoption of new services for ready-integration to tomorrow's high speed standards
- Next-generation enterprise firewall built for multi-tenant service providers
- Unprecedented visibility and control over applications, users and content
- Adaptive scalability to burst beyond typical limits for additional throughput without a negative impact on their business
- Ability to start on a virtualized platform and move to dedicated
- Leader in threat management with more embedded services in the appliance
- First application delivery controller that scales on demand
- Highest levels of throughput and transactions per second without adding more devices or disrupting users
- Global Load Balancing for greater performance between data centers
- BIG-IP easily integrates with management and orchestration platforms
- Faster backup - significantly reduce backup windows by only sending and storing unique daily changes
- Optimized protection for VMware infrastructure and integration with industry leading databases and applications
- Flexible deployment - straight to disk, WAN vaulting, tape out service and secure storage
In today’s digital age, information security is paramount and an extremely important criterion when deciding to outsource your infrastructure. Whether you are in the ecommerce business, if you host sensitive health or financial information, or if your organization simply demands the highest levels of security, you understand the role that compliance plays in demonstrating how you protect your data. At Latisys we understand the significance of meeting compliance regimes such as the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) HITECH Privacy Rule and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) otherwise known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999. Our data center infrastructure is compliance-ready and has been tested/audited by a 3rd party to ensure that the appropriate physical controls and information security policies are in place to protect your data and meet these standards.
Service Organization Controls (SOC) Reports
Latisys has successfully attained SOC 2 Type 2 and SOC 3 reports for its Ashburn, Chicago, Denver and Irvine data centers.
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”) recently created the Service Organization Control Report framework, and replaced SAS 70 with SSAE 16. Under the new framework, service organizations that handle customer financial data would now receive a SSAE16/SOC 1 report. IT Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solution providers like Latisys are being audited under a new standard based on AT section 101 of AICPA professional standards and are issuing SOC 2 and SOC 3 reports. These new reports provide greater definition around internal controls.
The SOC 2 Report focuses on internal controls related to security, availability, confidentiality, processing integrity and privacy—validating that the system is protected against unauthorized physical and logical access. As with SAS 70 reports, an organization can receive either a Type 1 or a Type 2 report. Type 1 merely reports on the suitability of the controls, while Type 2 tests the effectiveness of the controls. The SOC 2 Type 2 report not only updates the SAS 70 standard by examining the suitability of the design of a provider’s internal controls, it goes a step further by documenting the operating effectiveness of those controls. Latisys’ SOC 2 Report is available to customers and prospective customers upon request and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Please contact your account manager if you would like to have a copy of the report.
SOC 3 is a summary Trust Services Report that documents assurances on Latisys’ internal controls related to security, availability, confidentiality, processing integrity and privacy but without detailed description of tests and results contained in SOC 2. Latisys’ SOC 3 report can be downloaded here.
For companies that transmit and store credit card holder data, adherence to the PCI DSS 2.0 is essential to business operations. Coalfire, an independent IT auditing firm, has audited Latisys’ policies and procedures for compliance with sections 9 (physical controls) & 12 (information security policies) of PCI’s DSS and produced a Report on Compliance (RoC) which can be made available upon execution of non-disclosure agreement. Latisys also offers a variety of managed services to assist in other areas of the standard if your needs dictate additional assistance managing security practices such as firewall, VPN and intrusion detection.
With the release of HIPAA’s omnibus rule in January 2013, the role of a service provider has become that much more critical for companies that host electronic private health information (ePHI). The omnibus rule implemented a number or provisions from HIPAA HITECH and expanded the scope of the breach notification process to contractors and sub-contractors of those who process ePHI. Latisys is audit-ready and has you covered with a comprehensive third party risk assessment against the Latisys infrastructure, physical access controls and policies to ensure that your business conforms to the requirements of this compliance regime.
The 1999 Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was established primarily to enable consolidation among the financial services sector companies. But it also pursued enhanced protection of private consumer information disclosed to any financial institution. Hosting your infrastructure with Latisys means that your data will reside on an audit ready platform. A thorough third party risk assessment has been performed on this platform to ensure adequate controls and policies are in place to protect the data you host at Latisys.
Data Center Compliance Checklist
We've prepared a guide covering some of the basic information an organization should have before undergoing any sort of compliance audit. Download it here »
Nationwide Data Center Footprint:
With high-density data centers located in every U.S. time zone, you not only get local access to scalable outsourced IT infrastructure solutions, but you get the advantage of Latisys' national reach for multi-site redundancy, managed backup and secure disaster recovery.
Plus, each Tier III facility has been specifically designed for the business continuity of your mission-critical operations - offering the power, cooling, backbone network and managed services your IT operations need - while immediately reducing your capital expenditures for storage and ongoing maintenance.
Extension of Your Team:
Your Business is Our Business
Let’s face it. It’s a lot tougher to be a technology decision-maker today than ever. Growth is unpredictable. Budgets are tight. Technology is evolving exponentially—and seemingly overnight. And retention of expert, certified IT resources gets harder and harder. Yet the pressure on IT to increase speed to market and become more responsive to the business is intense. CIOs have become technology brokers—how much can we get, from whom, and for how much? And how do we leverage that technology to create more value? And how quickly can I change direction?
It’s almost impossible to go it alone. The question isn’t will we outsource. It’s what we outsource…and who do we trust to do it.
We get it. Latisys knows that when you outsource critical IT to an infrastructure partner, it’s a sacred trust. And we take that responsibility very seriously. So we make our team, your team. While others act like vendors with bureaucracy and barriers between you and their technical staff, making it difficult or impossible to connect with the people who are supposed to work on your behalf, Latisys works as an extension of your team.
Our certified experts are all accessible via a streamlined organization and prepared to align with whatever stage of the “Plan, Build, Run” IT lifecycle you are in—and all empowered to resolve issues and act on your behalf.
- Solution Architects— designing a comprehensive, flexible infrastructure tailored to your specific needs—today and tomorrow—using all the tools in our hybrid IaaS portfolio
- Network Engineers— industry-leading network architects to ensure you have the reliable connectivity, speed and security necessary to compete
- Virtualization Experts— seasoned engineers who put the power and flexibility of cost-effective virtual servers to work for you
- Provisioning Managers— PMP-certified leaders to proactively coordinate every detail of each customer’s unique implementation
- Cloud Gurus— providing expert guidance on how to take advantage of the cloud for greater flexibility & value
- Storage Engineers— examining all of the options for right-sizing throughput, IOPs and performance to changing requirements
- Power & Cooling Engineers— consulting with data center clients to ensure the optimal mix of density for each deployment
- Sales Professionals— industry consultants dedicated to understanding each client’s unique needs and tailoring a cloud, hosting, datacenter—or hybrid—solution that is flexible, high performance and value-oriented
- Technical Account Managers— dedicated experts responsible for representing the needs of some of our most complex customers—“in house” advocates who streamline processes and ensure accurate, consistent communication & execution
- NOC Staff— 24x7x365 team of expert technicians that staff each Latisys data center, at the ready to provide hands-on or remote support
- Service Desk— highly trained and fully-certified professionals available 24x7x365 and equipped with the knowledge, tools and expertise to manage and resolve client issues and requests
- Tier 2 & 3 Experts— the most senior engineers, readily available and fully empowered to resolve the most advanced and complex inquiries
ALL of these people work for you. They’re your team. And we support them with a culture of commitment and expertise that places maximum value on delivering what customers need exactly when they need it. That’s why you’ll find all of us at Latisys highly collaborative, extremely consultative and unabashedly passionate about solving problems and designing solutions that best fit each customer’s current and future needs.